So here's a brief rundown of what's been going on around here...
(I will leave out any snot-related details)
YESTERDAY- Saw Wall-e. Might be favoritist kids movie ever. Get up from your computer & immediately go to you nearest theater & watch it. Grace especially liked the little short movie at the beginning- I have never seen her laugh so hard in my life.
SATURDAY- Went to walk-in clinic for terrible, horrible ear pain, which turned out to be a double ear infection & Strep throat (weee!!!) Got drugs. Took drugs. Can't remember much more than that.
FRIDAY- Missed any and all fabulous 4th of July activities. Sat on couch wrapped in blanket feeling very sorry for myself.
THURSDAY- The girls had their Roller-Skating Birthday Party. I think it took them 1.5 hours to get brave enough to actually "skate" (party lasted 2 hours.) Eric & I were declared "Very Super Best Mom & Dad in the Entire Whole World" by our small children. Will be having t-shirts made. Ella falls asleep before we leave the parking lot to go home.
WEDNESDAY- Eric takes Ella to doctor. Ella has Strep throat. Of course she does, because she has 60 people showing up for a birthday party the next day. Am told that 24 hours of antibiotics will make her non-contagious. Choose to believe this, make her promise not to lick anyone at party.
MONDAY & TUESDAY- Eric stays home from work with his typical evil cough. Briefly consider ways to make Eric "disappear" & get away with it.
SUNDAY- Recover from stupid flight by sleeping all day & snuggling small children.
SATURDAY- Fly home from Tampa. Think we are all clever and fly standby on an earlier flight, which then gets delayed for HOURS. Get home at exact same time we would've with original flight, even though we left SIX HOURS EARLIER. Hate sitting. Hate airplanes. Have formed really unpleasant opinions of Philadelphia, strictly from airport employees.
SUNDAY thru FRIDAY- WOOOT! Vacation! Do nothing but read books and take naps while Eric is working. Decide I really DO need an in-ground pool. Curse hotels slow internet. Get a pedicure. Drive aimlessly around Orlando. Get caught in crazy lightening storm & almost die. Get all excited when I see birds that only live in the Zoo here at home (AHHH! LOOK! Freaky Florida Birds!) Get called a big dork by my husband. Go to Universal Studios with Eric and nine-thousand other computer nerds for "Private VIP Event" where beer is free. See lots of drunk nerds. Hear husband talk all smart about computer stuff & think he's pretty hot, even though I don't understand a word. Watch Barenaked Ladies pander to large corporation. Decide humidity is pretty lame.
And that's all, I think. I am now on a mission to reorganize everything I own. Wish me luck.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor poor baby! I knew it wasn't possible to have a good time in Orlando (I speak from experience), but to follow it up with strep throat...
Your reorganization of your entire world sounds like the best therapy possible.
BAH! My mom beat me. Alright mother, it's ON!
This is how quick I am: took the entire post reading to realize you wrote your timetable backwards. Lots of "hmmm, that's not making a lot of sense...but then this happens..hmmm"
How kick-a$$ awesome is Wall-e? Disrespect the environment and turn into a fat, blue-leotard reotard ("reotard" not spelled right, but I was going with it) Colin laughed so hard at the short at the beginning that he drooled on himself. You know that's funny.
Also have huge photography problem. Expect a phone call from me. Pronto.
(did I just say pronto? must be from reading about all the nerds)
Hmm... I may not admit I am related to Harmony anymore.
;-)
Post a Comment